December 31, 2012 National Broadband Map Datasets
The files below include all publicly available broadband data from the State Broadband Initiative. When publishing results of this data, please cite NTIA’s State Broadband Initiative and the vintage of the data. To see how these files were assembled, please read the instructions.txt file included in the zip files. You may download data by state or for the entire country, except for Community Anchor Institution data which is only available for the entire country.
If you have questions about how to use the data, or you would like to inform us of how you are using the data please contact NTIA at SBDD@ntia.doc.gov.
Note: The "Analyze Table" powers the Analyze section of the National Broadband Map (NBM). This table is a statistical compilation of data assembled from the 56 semi-annual state/territory submissions for the State Broadband Initiative. This table has been formatted to include one record for each unique geography (e.g. state, county, Congressional District) in the NBM, and columns for each statistic (e.g. Speed, Technology) presented in the Analyze function. It also includes demographic data. The Analyze table can be used to perform statistical analysis and yield broadband availability data within the range of any grantee's geographic region. This table is being provided as a download function, so users can investigate more complicated queries on the data than can be readily done in NBM.
To review previous datasets please go here.
Popular Reports from December 2012 SBI data
- Broadband Availability in Urban vs. Rural Areas
- Number of Providers by Speed Tier
- Access to Broadband Technology by Speed
Download the complete National Datasets
- US broadband Availability Data by SHP
- US broadband Availability Data by CSV
- US Community Anchor Institutions
You may also download the supporting documents here
- NBM Files Released
- NBM Broadband Provider List
- All Grantee Changes and Corrections
- All Grantee Methodologies
- NBM Analyze Table - We noted several very minor errors in the summary statistics post-publication, most represent a less than one percentage point change, and on August 28, 2013 updated the analyze and provider tables with accompanying static reports to reflect these changes. If you have previously downloaded the analyze and provider tables and wish to compare, you can download the original analyze table and provider table and the static reports. A summary of state level change is also available.
- NBM Provider Table, powers the About Provider section of the NBM
- Data As of December 2012 Release Notes
Or Download Files by State, Territory, and District of Columbia