December 31, 2010 National Broadband Map Datasets
The files below include all publicly available broadband data and accompanying documentation in your choice of CSV or Shapefile from the December 31, 2010 data, released on September 21, 2011. When publishing results of this data, please cite NTIA’s State Broadband Initiative. Please read the instructions.txt included in the zip files to learn how these files were assembled. You may download data by state or for the entire country, except for Community Anchor Institution data which is only available for the entire country. There are approximately 22 million records in the national database. If you have any questions about the data please contact NTIA at SBDD@ntia.doc.gov.
Note: if you are working with the wireless CSV files, you may see some records that appear duplicated. These are not duplicates, but they are lacking the appropriate spectrum values. The easiest way to access these spectrum values is by downloading and working with the Shapefiles.
To review previous datasets please go here.
Popular Reports from December 2010 SBI data
- Broadband Availability in Urban vs. Rural Areas
- Number of Providers by Speed Tier
- Access to Broadband Technology by Speed
Download the complete National Datasets
- US broadband Availability Data by SHP
- US broadband Availability Data by CSV
- US Community Anchor Institutions
You may also download the supporting documents here
- NBM Files Released
- NBM Broadband Provider List
- All Grantee Changes and Corrections
- Individual Grantee Methodologies
- All Grantee Methodologies (53MB)
Or Download Files by State, Territory, and District of Columbia